Tuesday 13 March 2012

Um, yeh...

So I'm kind of experiencing some crap at the moment.  I can't say much due to anything I put out there to the big wide web can come back.  But in short a family member has got a drug problem and so I'm trying to deal with that, being the person she trusts the most I'm playing liason with the rest of the family and trying to just keep everything together. 

Thus everything else is kind of on the back burner, no gym this week as I have no time.  Neil is in Australia again and now that I'm back at work my hours are full.  I'm hoping to at least go for a walk on Friday with the kids.  Food wise I was doing ok until today, exhaustion has led to not having the energy to prepare food.  I was given a slice of double mousse pie by a friend so that and sushi was lunch.  On the way home all I wanted was chocolate so I stopped and got a kit-kat and dinner was cheese on toast because I just could not face cooking.

I've been asked to write an article for the university teaching magazine so I have to work on that tonight, but my plan is to go roast some veges and then work on the article while they cook.  Then tomorrow when I get home make a roast vege pasta.  And hopefully I can get an early night, I'm very lucky both kids sleep well (they are in bed at 7 and 7:30pm and don't get up until 6:30-7am).

Don't know what my weight is, my last weigh in I finally broke the 85kg mark and was 84.8kg :)  But then Neil broke my scales LOL  So now I've got new ones on the way.  Which of course means I will weigh something different, I wish I had been weighing at the gym as well but n'mind.  So I'll be somewhere in the 80s and I'll just start tracking again making sure those numbers drop.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that your plans/schedule are getting waylaid by family matters.
    Did you say scaleS, as in more than one? I hate them so much that I don't even own one, much less multiples. But if I did I'd step on them both, one foot on each, at the same time and go with the lowest number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no put it down to my kiwi language. Scales are plural to us. We don't hop on the scale, its always on the scales.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the family troubles, I know how hard it can be being the "liasion". Great job last week in working out even though your devil didn't want you to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a good plan. Pretty sure grilled cheese is still considered cooking. Not every night can be gourmet fantasies. Children and parent nourished and well cared for? Check.

    Make the time to walk with your kids. You will need the break by then considering what is on your plate.

    Hope the writing comes easy and your relative can get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about the family drama. Gosh, I've been there and being the liason is emotionally draining. Sending some positive energy your way and wish you all that is good and well.

    The double chocolate mousse pie got my attention..Ahhhgg.. so drooling here. I'm fasting for "lent" by steering clear of what I love the most --- dessert. so far so good! :)

    Stay strong my friend! you'll make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the family troubles. I know what it's like to have a family member with a drug problem, and I am sending you happy thoughts through the screen of my lappy.

    ReplyDelete