Tuesday 5 July 2011

Legs like logs

Oh. ow. wow.

So PT session today, jeepers did he work me hard.  I went in at 11:30 for consultation session where he decided what he was going to make me do, that took an hour.  Awesome because he showed me how to use some of the weight machines that I wasn't sure about and also showed me how to do lunges properly.  He admired my squat technique, I didn't tell him it was because when I first started exercising I was using the Kinect which of course acts like a PT and was always telling me to squat lower and stick my butt out more, so I guess I learned!  And once I had lunge technique down he handed my free weight and was like yeh now we're going to do it with weights.  Then I went back at 3pm for the actual work out session, my legs were already sore from learning how to do lunges -LOL-  But I pushed through it, I'm doing the same number of reps of weights but three sessions instead of two, and at higher weights. 

In all honestly I knew that I wasn't working out as hard as I could be, but I didn't realise how much more I could push myself with the weights just by having someone tell me that I could.  Having said that omg my thighs are killing me today.  I had planned on going to the gym tomorrow but I thought I had better have a rest day.

1 comment:

  1. Getting a personal trainer was a good idea. I am still being darn lazy about working out (haven't had an official workout in over 3 months) and really need to get the ball rolling. I swim and walk, but have completely abandoned my beloved aerobics and pilates routines.
    I think I've gotten lazy because my weight started going down. In the back of my mind I am thinking, "Heck, I'll start working out when the number stops going down." I am such a lazy cow!
    I should start working out when I plateau, and when I plateau a second time I can get a personal trainer. :)
    Way to go with those lunges, lady!

    ReplyDelete