Tuesday 8 May 2012

Half a week of low carbs

I don't know how people do this for long (I mean years).  It hasn't been too hard but you really need to plan and eating out is a bitch.  While I'm enjoying eating some food that I haven't gone near for ages (like cream), I hate having to think about carbs, is there carbs in this and how much.  I'm sure it gets easy but honestly not sure if I'd stick with it.  What I really want is the psychological hit of seeing some weight drop even if its mostly going to be water weight!  I just need something to get me going again.

Dinner tonight was delicious though, chicken bacon cream garlic pepper parmesan cheese served over sautéed zucchini noodles.  And it is keeping me full which is good.

But I'm not super low carb, I'm not trying to go into ketosis.  I'm aiming for 21g (yay for my fitness pal making logging easy).  But when you do start looking at the sugars in things it really is amazing to see just how much there is.  Low fat mayo = high sugar!

I'm weighing on Friday, I wasn't going to weigh until Sunday but I really want to see how I'm doing just in case I gain -LOL-

4 comments:

  1. Don't be too discouraged if you don't lose a lot on your first weigh for low carb. It can take a week or two to kick in. I have done Atikins a couple of times and I always gained the first week while my body was adjusting, then weight came off quick. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did you not stick with Atkins, just curious

      Delete
  2. Um, yum! Your supper sounds delish!
    I hope weigh in went (goes?) well. I know, sugar is EVERYWHERE! I didn't even realize how most everything I eat on a regular basis has sugar in it, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. constipation (TMI I know lol) is the reason I didn't stick with low carb. Although that's probably because I don't drink as much water ( i only drink water when I'm thristy

    I hope you're having a fabulous weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete